. .
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. You are set to 1000 steps per mm, but between what linear speeds are you seeing the problem?
    Also what resolution are you set to on the driver, are you still set to half step? try changing the resolution?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    At the moment Mach3 is set to 1000 Steps per mm. The problem is both with and without load.

How do I figure out what the linear speed is, as mentioned I'm seeing this both at slow jog (i.e 35%) and full jog.
    My resolution is still set at half step i.e. 2

3. I dont use Mach 3, but if it is set to 1000 steps per mm and you run at 35% of full speed, you need to work back from that.
    the motor is set to 400 steps per rev.
    If you are set to 35%, what is you max speed set to?

This is what Mach3 is set at 1000 step per mm for the x and y axis at 600mm/min and acc of 200

Anyone with any other help? I'm really getting desperate to get this machine going.

If I lower the Velocity I get no stalling but if you listen carefully every 10 secs or so you will notice a slight motor hesitation noise.

Last edited by Lee Roberts; 25-10-2019 at 11:13 PM.

7. Disconnect the direction cable and try again and see if the 10 second noise goes?
    do you have access to a scope?

The only problem I'm really facing now is this hesitation once about every 8-9 seconds. At slower velocity the motors do not stall. I've even disconnected the Direction Pulse to see if that helps but nothing helps. I don't have access to a Desktop machine and so am keen to get this laptop working.

10. Is this problem the same with both axis? IF so it is definately the signals from the laptop.
    Have you got anything running in the background on the laptop? close all non essential processes down.
    What is the spec of the laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    The only problem I'm really facing now is this hesitation once about every 8-9 seconds. At slower velocity the motors do not stall. I've even disconnected the Direction Pulse to see if that helps but nothing helps. I don't have access to a Desktop machine and so am keen to get this laptop working.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information