. .
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Can you share it with me?

[I have a more important problem now. I removed 2 Roland pcn-3000 chips on board and reassembled them wrong. Exploding fuse and exploding mosfer . I'm very sad and don't know if I can fix it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A76425FD-98B8-4706-86D1-140D120EC108.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	213.2 KB 
ID:	30020  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF34820E-9A5C-47B5-8CD3-709A0AC73B71.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	255.3 KB 
ID:	30021
    the fuse has blown

Does this help?

Name:	1c.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	259.0 KB 
ID:	30044

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    Does this help?

Name:	1c.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	259.0 KB 
ID:	30044
    Hi Robin, I have a Roland PNC-3000 machine, and I am working on trouble shooting some issues with it. Currently, the motor PCB is not receiving the necessary 12V supply voltage. When I supply the 12V using an external supply, the motor can be switched on, but I have been unable to figure out why the motor PCB isn't getting 12V. Another issue I am having is the spindle speed display is not working. Could you please send me a picture of the relevant circuit diagrams? Are the manuals and circuit diagrams available online somewhere?

Name:	DSCN0174[1].jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	162.4 KB 
ID:	30862

This is the PSU, the rest would need some considerable finding and sorting out.

The spindle speed starts with a reflective sensor looking up at the bottom of the front pulley and connects to the PCB behind the speed control knob and to a rather primitive bar graph on the display panel.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Robin Hewitt For This Useful Post:

Thank you for the PSU schematic that is very helpful! I will start with verifying the PSU is working properly and work from there.

I got a junk PNC-3000. While researching how to use it, I noticed something wrong with the z-axis DRO.

The value only increases when I raise or lower the z-axis.

I need a schematic for repair. And I want to know how to use it, so can you share the manual and other documents?

Best regards

mitarashidango

I'll assume the DRO is a quadrature encoder - you'll get two outputs typically labelled "A" and "B". With quadrature encoding one of those signals is considered a "clock" (a pulse indicates travel), and the other indicates the direction of travel. It sounds like one of the outputs has failed (wire snapped, etc?), and it's just counting the clocks regardless of direction of travel. In theory you can test the quadrature outputs, assuming they're driven high/low with something as simple as a multimeter - each output will toggle high/low at the resolution of the DRO - you won't be able to (easier) test each discrete step, but you can check that some movement toggles the status easily enough. Be aware that you want the DRO in circuit to allow any decoder pull-ups to operate.

I'd be more inclined to retro-fit with a stand-alone controller with integral display and keypad which takes ISO G-Code.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information