. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddie View Post
    If you do, make sure you put it back in the mould while it sets otherwise the resin may cause it to bulge.
    Yes I was going to do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddie View Post
    Are you going to be making many of these? If so there's some ways you can make the process more efficient.
    I might be - depends how well these work. What are you thinking of? I guess I could use prepreg, but I'm not sure where to get that. Not really sure what else without adding significantly to the cost, other than using thicker cloth to reduce the number of layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I might be - depends how well these work. What are you thinking of? I guess I could use prepreg, but I'm not sure where to get that. Not really sure what else without adding significantly to the cost, other than using thicker cloth to reduce the number of layers.
    The easiest one is to put a good finish on the mould and use a gel coat, this should remove or at least minimise any finishing. You could also use an inflatable core to put the layup under pressure while it cures, this should improve the finish and the glass / resin ratio. Have a look at vacuum bagging on 't internet.

Prepreg is great if you've got an autoclave but not really necessary for this application - it's more for situations where you need precise control over the material and best possible weight / strength ratios.

Thread Information