Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
Maybe, just Maybe that if items for sale threads were removed when the item has been sold, or six months after original posting, we wouldn't get this inadvertent resurrection of dead threads.
The option is there for the OP to go back and edit the thread title, we have a "SOLD" tag available and its often used, I normally edit them when I see the situation...not everyone dose though.

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
I'm never a fan of deletion of information, why not just lock the threads?
NOOO content is king, I agree we cant go deleting threads.

Closing threads after an age sounds like a plan, its also commonplace on forums to do that, its a good way of making people start new threads, new content is king

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
I don't know how the forum software works, but there should be some warning on posting on an old thread. Yes, I agree about the deletion of information, but most For Sale and Wanted and RFQ threads have little info in them, so they could be time limited and marked as Expired perhaps ?
As far as I can tell its not supported out of the box, however as I said above its commonplace to do this and as such I dont even need to code my own: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243402

I could also add a notice box like the one in the RFQ section:

PHP Code:
<vb:if condition="$show['member'] AND $GLOBALS[forumid] == '194' AND $post[postcount] == '1'">
    <
li class="postbit postbitim">
        <
div class="postbody">
            <
div class="postrow">
                <
h2 class="posttitle">Forum Notice:</h2>
                <
div class="content">Discussions in this sub-forum are disabledplease respond to this request by contacting the author privately.</div>
            </
div>
        </
div>
    </
vb:if> 
We can change what it says obviously.