. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm interested.
    Any chance of some sizes (swing/spindlebore/bed length), and prices?

I've looked at various options, and have come to the same conclusions that converting an existing lathe is far from ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm interested.
    Any chance of some sizes (swing/spindlebore/bed length), and prices?

I've looked at various options, and have come to the same conclusions that converting an existing lathe is far from ideal.
    Same here! Have you got a drawing?
    I've already got a perfectly good lathe, but I'd prefer not to convert it for various reasons.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Same here! Have you got a drawing?
    I've already got a perfectly good lathe, but I'd prefer not to convert it for various reasons.
    Hey guys thanks for the replies I think theres scope to actually do something with this
    Ideally i could load up some cad models done in Pro E or solidworks
    Spindle bore im thinking needs to be about 35 mm
    Bed size would be about the size of a mini lathe or sieg s6 size
    I just keep looking at the cheap chinese castings and thinking they skimped on the casting mass and the beds are a bit skinny If it was cnc and we used slides (hiwin rails) we could just getthe thing ground and tapped to bolt the lot to the bed

The foundry i have been speaking to does GREY CAST IRON ductile was recomended

Im wondering if it would be wise to use a cartridge for the spindle and just thru bore the casting then the precision part for the preload on the spindle etc would need to be the money part

Thread Information