Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
The problem is every time you mention 1610 screws it makes it sound like everybody has to rush out and buy them??????
In my opinion 1605 has very few advantages over 1610 for a router, which is why I recommend it so often.

just remember to when you first started mister and how difficult it was.
When I was designing my router, the rotating ballnut design was far more difficult that picking the ballscrew, but that's just my opinion.

I use 1605 screws and belts on mine and it is more than enough for it's job, i could have my X axis twice as fast as yours with the belt but it would be pointless.
Even if you manage to get 60m/min, it will only be for a short time before failure. Realistically it's impossible. In terms of speed and acceleration 1610 screws outperform 1605 by a large margin. Even hypothetically running a 1605 at 2:1 is still inferior in performance to a 1610 at 1:1 due to higher K.E.

I started with a 2mm pitch screw on Y and 2.5mm on X since that was the biggest I could afford at the time (not ballscrews), and I made a rotating nut for X to compensate and that funny wonky bearing drive, that I wish there was a simple name for, on Y to lower the friction.