. .
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    can anyone suggest a good, reliable company that sells cnc routers in China?

Quote Originally Posted by dopamine View Post
    can anyone suggest a good, reliable company that sells cnc routers in China?
    No.

Your first post on this forum suggested you want to build your own. Why not? It's the only cheap way to get a good machine.

That particular seller 'lovehappyshopping' isn't in the UK (but actually Hong kong from recollection)...not sure how they manage tat on Ebay, but duping folks into thinking they're UK based is a bit naughty.

Re importing...I imported a very small CNC machine from Taiwan http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sable-2015...item2c627f9754 - though he wasn't the chap I bought it from...it certainly seems with CNC machines asian sellers come & go! I almost bouyght from this seller - http://cncdiy.org/ check out that middle of tha page "we are closed unti mid july 2011" !!!!!, then read the unhappy buyers on his forum - http://cncdiy.forumr.biz/f1-cncdiy-s-machines top post!).

Fortunately, everything went well with my purchase, (it was extremely well packaged), but this is the exception.....it seems just about every CNC buyer importing from asia has a tale of woe (damage or bits not working) ...if you enter into the deal with that in mind, you'll probably be happy with what you get for yer dosh.

Don't forget that you'll automatically get slapped for import duty & VAT by the importing courier ...which can add a chunk to the price you might have envisioned!
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 28-01-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HankMcSpank View Post
    That particular seller 'lovehappyshopping' isn't in the UK (but a Hong kong from recollection)...not sure how they manage this but duping folks into thinking they're UK based is a bit naughty.

Re importing...I imported a very small CNC machine from Taiwan http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sable-2015...item2c627f9754 - though he wasn't the chap I bought it from). Fortunately, everything went well, (it was extremely well packaged), but this is the exception.....it seems just about every CNC buyer from china has a tale of woe (damage or bits not working) ...if you enter into the deal with that in mind, you'll probably be happy with what you get for yoer dosh.

Don't forget that you'll automatically get slapped for import duty & VAT by the importing courier ...which can add a chunk to the price you might have envisioned!
    Thanks Hank!

Unfortunatley its a risk i cannot eliminate if i want to purchase within budget and having imported some electronics from the states am aware of the hidden costs due to import taxes etc etc. ho humm

A bit selfish Jonathan making a school loose there cnc machine because you WANTED a part made

Shame on you
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    A bit selfish Jonathan making a school loose there cnc machine because you WANTED a part made

Shame on you
    It was my friend who did it actually, was just more convenient not to mention that in the last post but I should have. The teachers were fine with it as I guess they didn't expect it to be a problem, and my friend paid for the tool. The part was a 0.7mm thick titanium undertray for a model car to protect the Texalium (also cut on that machine). I made one too, but I did it with the guillotine and cutting with a dremel at home, then anodised it...so he naturally wanted his to be better than mine! This was about 5 years ago. If he had known what we know now he probably wouldn't have done it. Apparently it finally stopped working last year due to electronic faliure. I wish they'd asked me before dismantling it for parts as I'd have happily got it going with mach3.

Interestingly the machine is 'cable driven'. There's steel wire/rope wrapped round drums and attached to the gantry, so no backlash (I think). After dismantling it some time later and adjusting the belts it was OK.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 30-01-2012 at 10:03 PM.

I love it when these ijit's at school wreck these machines.
    Got a Roland PNC 2200 and a PNC3100 mill for £160 the two a few months ago :whistling:
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I love it when these ijit's at school wreck these machines.
    Got a Roland PNC 2200 and a PNC3100 mill for £160 the two a few months ago :whistling:
    I remember...

http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showth...-hall-millgrav

Wish I knew how you find these things!

Wreck is going a bit far considering it was used for several years after...just needed a bit of TLC and was a bit noisier!

Well that Mill Grav belongs to Roger and he has torn it apart already to improve it :naughty:
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Well that Mill Grav belongs to Roger and he has torn it apart already to improve it :naughty:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information