. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlearning View Post
    My first post here so please be gentle with me.

I've read all the horror stories about some of the chinese TB6560 driver boards but has anyone actually completed a review of these Breakout Boards, Pendants and Displays yet. If they are up to the mark they could provide a lot of functions inexpensively if teamed up with decent drivers.
    be carful not to mix up the TB6560 driver boards with break out boards
    a typical TB6560 driver board is an all in one board (drivers built in) and a break out board is the interface between your PC and your (stand alone) drivers

there are "horror" stories regarding the TB6560 boards ... over stated in my opinion as they do work, iv run a 5axis TB6560 without too many issues for over a year (blew a chip once but that was my mistake) and mine will drop a step or two now here and there (not perfect by any means) however, they are cheap and drivers are an easy upgrade (when your funds recover from buying profile rails lol) compared to scrimping on the mechanics of your build to buy posh drivers from the start

having said that iv just ordered 6x 50v digital drivers for just over £160 and i'm hoping to see some improvements in speed and resonance.... with some luck i will be joining the the people that say the chinese TB6560 driver boards are a pile of steamy brown.... im not holding my breath though at £160

edit: i cut plastics and a bit of alli on my machine so hi feed speeds are not required.... if your cutting wood you may not get to the ideal feed with a TB6560 board
    Last edited by blackburn mark; 02-09-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    having said that iv just ordered 6x 50v digital drivers for just over £160 and i'm hoping to see some improvements in speed and resonance.... with some luck i will be joining the the people that say the chinese TB6560 driver boards are a pile of steamy brown.... im not holding my breath though at £160
    Why not 75-80V drivers ...you'll get a decent improvement but it could have been a lot more with the higher voltage.

edit: i cut plastics and a bit of alli on my machine so hi feed speeds are not required.... if your cutting wood you may not get to the ideal feed with a TB6560 board
    Aluminium certainly doesn't need high feeds, but most plastics are easily cut at a pretty high feedrate. I've cut acetal at 5m/min which isn't hanging about!
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Why not 75-80V drivers ...you'll get a decent improvement but it could have been a lot more with the higher voltage
    i was tempted but my machine is a small dumpy little thing (500mmx400mm ish cut) iv taken the punt in hope of bringing the noise down a bit when running it for hours (in a shared house)
    the steppers make more noise (when they hit the resonance) than the spindle cutting acetal at 300mm
    iv got to tiptoe between noise and speed :)

I've cut acetal at 5m/min which isn't hanging about!
    shit! id make millions if i could run at that :)

be carful not to mix up the TB6560 driver boards with break out boards
    a typical TB6560 driver board is an all in one board (drivers built in) and a break out board is the interface between your PC and your (stand alone) drivers

there are "horror" stories regarding the TB6560 boards ... over stated in my opinion as they do work, ...................
    Thanks blackburn mark. I wasn't mixing up the BoB with the TB6560 boards and I've now read up on the fixes for them. I realise those TB6560 boards carrying 3,4 or 5 axis don't seem to need a separate BoB but I guess those and the single axis boards all come out of a similar stable. I was really trying to get to the bottom of how good or bad the cheap BoBs are and do they really offer the facilities claimed using the pendant that goes with it.

Hello,

I have bought 5 axis break board and 3 axis dispaly module.

Unfortunatly cable this display is not comapatibile with this board because male connection has different pins number and sequence cables should be different! Display module have the same 9 pins as breakout board.

Do you know what should be sequence cables from display module to breakout board?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by lasek View Post
    Hello,

I have bought 5 axis break board and 3 axis dispaly module.

Unfortunatly cable this display is not comapatibile with this board because male connection has different pins number and sequence cables should be different! Display module have the same 9 pins as breakout board.

Do you know what should be sequence cables from display module to breakout board?

Thanks,
    Hello Lasek: You should direct your question to "Lovelearn". He might help you with this problem. I know that you have to specifically purchase the pendant for that bob. They look the same on ebay but they are not!
    I'm still building my machine and have not used the bob. Take care

Thread Information