. .
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buba b View Post
    When i saw this thread and the replies from Strike CNC ( at the start ! ) i hoped that the supplier would take the criticism on board and use it and the forum to make a better machine that the forum could promote over the other crap out there.
    This was exactly my hope after speaking with them. Instead it feels like the only thing they did was offer a bunch of upgrades to smooth things over. Well no one cares about upgrades, all they want is something that works as advertised!

Glad your having fun building your own buba.

Quote Originally Posted by Buba b View Post
    I would love to put it through Solidworks stress analysis , i think the program would piss its self laughing at me ! , shame i don't know how too would enjoy the laugh .
    L8r

Ha ha know you are having a laugh.!! Pretty sure solid works wouldn't have any stress analysis that go low enough. .

To be honest Ant is being far too lenient with his description about the level of build quality. The lack of engineering care and build quality goes beyond inept to the point of down right dangerous regards the electrics.

If this machine had been electrically tested or inspected to comply with BS EN 60204-1:2006 + Amendment1:2009 for working machinery or any of the HSE BS EN codes relating to machinery safety it would have had the plug cut-off and a big sticker saying "Condemned".
    If the HSE got involved someone would be in for a hefty fine or heaven for bid worse case someone got injured or electrocuted then a free holiday at HMP would be given I'm sure.!

If an engineering test to determine "Fit for purpose" then it would have a BIG fail sticker along with a hefty list of fail points.!!

I'm in business and know fully how difficult times are out there so I take no pleasure in seeing or reporting things like this.!
    When I first saw this machine I can honestly say it turned my stomach having to tell a nice guy like Ant all the issue's I was seeing.! To be honest I only went to help tune the motors etc but came away feeling like the grim reaper.

How any company could in all seriousness turn something like this out and not expect bad feed back is beyond me.! And how they can complain when they are given a second chance get out of jail free card and still messup then use bully threatening tactics when the truth is told or shown is just out right shameful. .

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    I'm in business and know fully how difficult times are out there so I take no pleasure in seeing or reporting things like this.!
    When I first saw this machine I can honestly say it turned my stomach having to tell a nice guy like Ant all the issue's I was seeing.! To be honest I only went to help tune the motors etc but came away feeling like the grim reaper.
    Don't forget the bit about me loosing over 3 stone since I bought this, oh and I should have been getting married next month but that's off now lol.

You think I'm joking. I'm not!

Meh it'll be a funny story to tell the grand kids one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Don't forget the bit about me loosing over 3 stone since I bought this, oh and I should have been getting married next month but that's off now lol.

You think I'm joking. I'm not!

Meh it'll be a funny story to tell the grand kids one day.
    Oh ye and Ant was a Fat bastard like me but now he's Sleek mean shagging machine who'll realise one day just what a lucky escape he had from the ball & chain.!! . . . He's still Ugly thou. .

Well the good thing is I don't have to hide the receipts down the back of the sofa anymore. In fact the only real down side is all the wear and tear on my joints - I'm gonna need a wrist replacement by the time I'm 50! lol

I was going to throw an insult back at you for the ugly joke but I just realised I still need some parts/help so I'll wait till afterwards

many people do not understand the power of the forums and Internet.
    At one time it was go see a lawyer, pay a hat full of money and hope the legal system would do the right thing for you. 'fraid that has all changed.

Now no one is perfect, everybody drops a bollock from time to time. What matters is not that you dropped the bollock but how you treat the customer and what you do to rectify the problem to both of yours satisfaction.

I have seen this machine and in all fairness a lot of what was wrong with it had been done at this point but there was still some issues with the twin leadscrews and the Z axis. One thing and I don't know if Ant posted a picture but the front section of the alloy extrusion had been drilled away with a big rotary saw for clearance for the bearing blocks.
    Only problem was none of the holes were anywhere near where the screws wanted to go. Massive rat holes carved into new alloy extrusion, disgraceful on a new machine.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    many people do not understand the power of the forums and Internet. ...

Now no one is perfect, everybody drops a bollock from time to time. What matters is not that you dropped the bollock but how you treat the customer and what you do to rectify the problem to both of yours satisfaction.
    Couldn't agree more. I think Ant started this thread to pass on what he believed to be a good deal with a UK company, because he was chuffed with his new baby even before it was born!

This could have been very positive for the builders of this machine, but sadly turned out otherwise... for all concerned.

So sorry to hear of your cnc troubles. I too had a few teething problems with a machine bought from a so called reputable company(no names) a while ago, after all the mods I did to it and basically rebuilding it from scratch, I figured I could do a much better build myself! Maybe you would have been better off having a go at one yourself? As the old saying goes, if you want something doing right......it will definitely work out well with Jazz at the helm now though :)

A quick question.

What microstepping should I be using on each axis (default is 8 which I assume is 1/8th) and also the steps per setting within mach.

Ballscrews are X = RM2005, Y = RM1610 and Z = RM1205

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,927. Received thanks 361 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Common microstepping practice is 8.

Steps per unit, you need to calculate using whatever units you're using (normally MM or Inch), pitch of ballscrew, number of steps per motor revolution, and drive ratio between screw and motor.

For 5mm screw, using MM, a standard 200 step stepper motor, and direct drive, to move 1mm, you need to rotate the motor 1/5th of turn to move 1mm.
    So 1/5th of 200 is 40 motor steps.
    Now to move 40 motor steps using 8 microstepping, is 40x8=320 steps per unit.
    For 10mm pitch screw, you can simply half the above to give 160 steps per unit.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information