. .
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Your observations over using high powered 23's against 34 are exactly what I have come across.
    I recently refitted a home conversion done by a third party, they had fitted 1800 oz 34's on a small mill with the understanding that bigger is better.
    Once changed to 750 oz in and power upgraded to 72 volts the rapids doubled.

As I said in a previous post that enclosure was a bargain but then again that's the difference between running a business and pissing about in a shed !
    John S -

Its arrived!

I can tell you it wasn't fun getting it off the lorry and into position. I had a couple of mates around to give a hand and the 3 of us thought we'd try to lift the whole thing. Wrong! It weighs around half a ton and quickly abandoned that idea. In the end we had to break it down into 3 sections for us to be able to comfortably man handle it off the lorry and into position. We tackled it by removing the router from the base and discovered this was by far where the bulk of the weight was. Once that lump was gone the base was pretty light although a bit awkward to manoeuvre because of the size. Before attaching the router back on to the base we spent a lot of time levelling in all directions as the floor does slope a little. Once that was done we bolted the router back on. Last part was the top enclosure and carrying this around wasn't too bad but getting it back on the machine was a right pain in the backside. The low ceiling in the workshop and tall gantry made it impossible and after some head scratching and a fair bit of swearing we dismantled it and then re-assembled on the machine. Ugh, never want to do that again.

By the time we'd done it was 9pm and way too late to start taking it for a test drive. Its going to be the weekend now before I have time and its going to kill me to wait. At least its setup ready to go now anyway.

First impressions are positive. The build is sturdy and the photo's don't do it justice at all. I've tried to shake the gantry and there's no play or flex whatsoever. Very well put together and polished package.

Here's some images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc03.JPG 
Views:	467 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	5366   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc04.JPG 
Views:	418 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	5367   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc05.JPG 
Views:	506 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	5368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc06.JPG 
Views:	427 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	5369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc07.JPG 
Views:	432 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	5370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc08.JPG 
Views:	401 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	5371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cnc09.JPG 
Views:	412 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	5372  
    Last edited by Shinobiwan; 17-02-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Looks very impressive.
    John S -

Thanks John.

That machine looks really good and the speakers look even better.
    Jim

yes speakers look great what do you use for the external material is it sprayed ??

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    yes speakers look great what do you use for the external material is it sprayed ??

James
    Thanks James. As you suspected they're sprayed.

Those are renders but here's the real thing to give a better idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tism166.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	5377   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tism164.jpg 
Views:	902 
Size:	210.4 KB 
ID:	5376  

Those speakers look fantastic! If they sound as good as they look I think you've got a winner:dance:

The CNC looks great too. Compared to what I payed for my 1000x600mm Heiz, I personally think you got a bargain. And only after reading this, I now know what everyone is on about concerning supported rails. the Heiz X-axis is running round 22mm guides over a metre and you can see them flex upwards when plunging. Mind you, i've had it for 4 years now & I know what it is capable of. I think I payed about £4k for it without any enclosure , but then again it paid for itself doing it's first job.

I hope you have fun with it & I'd be interested how you fare with the Kress cutting wood. The first job I did in oak ate the brushes out of the Kress in no time using a 6mm slotter.

Gavin

WOW! They are beautiful.
    Bruce
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

HI
    I'm glad you got the machine in & your right it does weigh around half a tonne & nearly all of the weight is in the CNC router itself this gives the forum users some idea of just how rigid our CNC routers are even our standard range of wood CNC routers are all this rigid with a similar size to weight ratio relative to size , on the other hand our metal cutting CNCs are even heaver , for instance we are manufacturing a small CNC router for a customer at the present his design brief was for machining 20-40mm aluminium plate it has a 860x660 cutting bed & this weighs nearly 400KG without any base the spindle alone is 12KG.
    We do want forum users to realise the enclosed CNC router in this thread was manufactured for this client with a particular job in mind the design brief was for routing thin MDF (not 25mm ) for his amazing high end speakers (& they really do look quite spectaculare) please bear in mind this was a bespoke CNC this machine was never designed for use on cutting aluminium or a heavy DOC only for the job in hand so
    flexing will not be a problem.
    When a customer enquires about a CNC for a particular job we always make recommendations to the customer to be sure they have the right machine for the job its needed for & within there budget we do go the extra mile to satisfy our customers needs as Shinobiwan will agree.
    We always pass on the savings direct to the customer to keep the manufacturing costs down for the client's budget, if one of our standard models are not suitable we can tailor make a package suitable for the clients needs but still keeping our prices very competitive just because it is a bespoke package we do not inflate the price as other industries do ,we also use good quality components this means our profit margins are smaller but the machines are of much higher quality for instance we could of used cheaper perspex for the enclosure but we used 4mm lexan polycarb as it is higher quality & also a lot safer as it will not shatter we adopt this though process within all our design elements
    best wishes

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information