. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Uk, london, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-07-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 15. Referred 1 members to the community.
    Hi well that's good for you but I am sure someone will see the benefit in not having to finance a router mount etc.

also it sounds like you might have been pushing the kress router too hard as this is the first report i've heard out of about 20 that the kress has failed on them.

the only other report i can remember was of someone who was using it to cut aluminum when kress is branded as wood router..also one of the reasons I upgraded is that without any cooling jacket its not really a good idea to have your router on for continuous periods:S

why don't you return it to Germany and inform kress of your break down?

Lives in Uk, london, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 09-07-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 15. Referred 1 members to the community.
    SOLD..

So mr swinds.

anyone who can't claim the vat back on your argument would be looking at spending £165 inc shipping

So plus my collets and mount at lets say another £60 - £80.. giving your route a price tag of £225...

i would say take better care of your equipment mate.

Quote Originally Posted by rbs View Post
    So plus my collets and mount at lets say another £60 - £80.. giving your route a price tag of £225...

i would say take better care of your equipment mate.
    I would say it's irrelevant since (at the time of writing) you can get a proper water cooled 2.2kW spindle intended for use on a CNC router with a full set of collets and VFD for about £250.
    That will get you more power, lower runout therefore higher accuracy, bigger range of cutter diameter (0-13mm), longevity, much higher rigidity and lower noise.
    To me any of one of those advantages (except noise) is enough to make up for spending £25 more.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information