. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Well folks metal chips Have now been made after getting all the jigs cut (Thanks Bruce for drilling them). Cut out a jig for a fellow Musical Instrument repairer and deliver it tomorrow. I will tell you this I don't like cutting metal dry, as I have not figured out DOC for dry cutting yet and that means snapped endmills and that hurts the pocketbook. But using some oil and a 6mm end mill got the job done.

http://youtu.be/MWalkgPlHwU

Learned some lessons on this and need to change the limits switches when I can afford to. The ones I have a re very good jsut a bear to mount on the machine and the mounts don't stay fully secure.

Michael.

Edited again to update link to proper video.
    Last edited by m.marino; 10-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m.marino View Post
    Well folks metal chips Have now been made after getting all the jigs cut (Thanks Bruce for drilling them). Cut out a jig for a fellow Musical Instrument repairer and deliver it tomorrow. I will tell you this I don't like cutting metal dry, as I have not figured out DOC for dry cutting yet and that means snapped endmills and that hurts the pocketbook. But using some oil and a 6mm end mill got the job done.

http://youtu.be/8QL45ufM_gI

Learned some lessons on this and need to change the limits switches when I can afford to. The ones I have a re very good jsut a bear to mount on the machine and the mounts don't stay fully secure.

Michael.
    This video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video.
    Sorry about that.

is the message I get....

Quote Originally Posted by mocha View Post
    This video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video.
    Sorry about that.

is the message I get....
    Got the same thing...

Thread Information