. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wouldnt like to guess on that one. We had a similar machine which I think was powered by 280w groschopp motors through gearboxes. Off hand I cant remember the reduction for the gearbox but it wasnt huge. Incidently I am using NEMA 34 motors on my machine. These would probably have enough power to run the machine as long as the bearings are in good condition and it is setup correctly. Not sure about the reduction you would need for a belt drive.
    How are you going to get the CMC 2.8 to run the steppers? Does the machine have seperate encoders fitted to it for positioning?

Ian

Nope, I am way to ignorant to integrate it with CMC, planning on replacing the whole HL-90 with Mach3. It means the tracing functionality is gone, but opens up new possibilities and as you said, more storage for templates and GCode for popular jobs. Also, the tracing is not great when it comes to narrow lines, for instance tracing a gasket. It works, but sometimes the tracing will work against you. With CNC you have better control over each line cut.
    It means that now we will have to create CAD first which will slow turnaround on new items, but we might save some time on others.
    Will eventually build a new table, but for now just looking to get it up and running again.

Okkie
    -- if you can't be good, at least be good at it --

Thread Information