. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fvfdrums View Post
    Still no sign of the ballscrews, been tracking the fedex shipment but Chai says fedex had a warehouse explosion or something and now everything has had to be reordered in terms of when its shipped so I guess I am in the hands of the Logistical Gods!

Yes I'm waiting for stuff has well and it's been stuck in Hong kong for 11 days and just checked it's now in France so hopefully may see it UK next week if the Frogs aren't on strike again, then well hopefully see it in months time after the Lazy arse UK customs decide to process it.!!

Yeah mines just made it to Stanstead, it spent all yesterday in France so looks like things are moving a bit.

So fedex finally arrived this morning with a parcel from Chai,

Packaging was a bit limited compared with the other parts I have recieved from China. Upon inspection it looks like at least two of the longer ballscrews have quite a bit of a bend to them. I dont have a dti to hand but turning them I can see it by eye.

Is this a common thing? and how does one go about straightening them ?

I knew it was all going too well :)

Quote Originally Posted by fvfdrums View Post
    Is this a common thing? and how does one go about straightening them ?
    I've got round it in the past by ordering ballscrews and rails at the same time, since the rails add sufficient strength to the package, but if you're getting the rails elsewhere that's not much use.

How long are the bent ballscrews? You can try clamping it between V-blocks, and pushing down in the middle to bend it back... but it's not going to be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I've got round it in the past by ordering ballscrews and rails at the same time, since the rails add sufficient strength to the package, but if you're getting the rails elsewhere that's not much use.

How long are the bent ballscrews? You can try clamping it between V-blocks, and pushing down in the middle to bend it back... but it's not going to be easy.
    Rails already in my possession but ill keep that in mind for the future!

I am going to put it in my lathe later and try and measure how far out it is. But any ideas greatly appreciated

My stuff arrived today has well, wonder if they came on same shipment.? Don't know if dare say this but my stuff is ok but I did have other stuff which supported the screws plus they where only 1300mm long.

Depending how bent then like Jon says V bollock and plenty of force, I've straightened screws before but it's slow process and easy to over do and bend more.
    If not too bad then I'd fit on machine and see how they perform, sometimes they can be ok when running and not affect machine too much.?? . . .they can also shake the bastard to bits but worth a try.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    My stuff arrived today has well, wonder if they came on same shipment.? Don't know if dare say this but my stuff is ok but I did have other stuff which supported the screws plus they where only 1300mm long.

Depending how bent then like Jon says V bollock and plenty of force, I've straightened screws before but it's slow process and easy to over do and bend more.
    If not too bad then I'd fit on machine and see how they perform, sometimes they can be ok when running and not affect machine too much.?? . . .they can also shake the bastard to bits but worth a try.!!
    Mine are only 1050mm long but it was just the 4 ball screws bk12 holders and the ball screw holders in the one package covered in yellow tape and a sprinkling of bubblewrap. Oh well hopefully they are not as bad as they feel but I have a horrible feeling :|

Thread Information