. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    X=v1000. Acc=20
    Y+A=v1000. Acc=20
    Z=v500. Acc=350

Just tried same operation in "big tex" and got the same problem!

What type of machine.? Mill or router type.?

Does this happen on both the slow and fast probes.?

Its a router,gantry type,the z axis is as light and as simple as I could make it.The motors are 3nm belt driven 2:3. I slowed the z axis down to 500 to see if it would help, when jogging it stops immediately. Will put some pics/bids up tomorrow, time permitting.

It works fine on the slow probe

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Its a router,gantry type,the z axis is as light and as simple as I could make it.The motors are 3nm belt driven 2:3. I slowed the z axis down to 500 to see if it would help, when jogging it stops immediately. Will put some pics/bids up tomorrow, time permitting.
    If the Z axis performs ok while cutting etc IE: No missing steps etc then I very much doubt theres an issue here.

Next up would be the probe wire and BOB.? Could be a slow reacting opto or some silly issue like this.? First I would change probe to a different input pin and see if this changes any thing.! Then if not change the probe wire and try again. . . DONT. . Do both at same time else you won't know which it was.!!

If you want to change the 2010 probe speeds to a really slow value to be sure it doesn't happen then change these values in these macro's.
    Both macros use the same values and named contants. . . . Both found here C:/Mach/Macros/2010/

Look for the Constants called "FirstProbeFeed" and "SecondProbeFeed" they will appear twice, one for the imperial units and one for metric units. Just change the value which ever units you use. You can also set the retract values here has well, it will be obvious which is which.!

The simple Z probe is M881 and toolchange probe M889 you will need to do both.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 04-06-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Thanks for the help

I tried changing inputs on the bob and replaced the wires, sadly this didn't work.BUT as a last resort I did a fresh install, reset all settings.Now not only does the toolchange work perfectly, I can now run all axis MUCH faster with no problems.It took a while but now I'm a happy bunny.

Thanks to all

Si

Thread Information