. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Quote Originally Posted by WandrinAndy View Post
    Did you do those great detailed drawings using the free version of SketchUp or something else?
    SketchUp is seriously undervalued, I use it all the time at work so if you have any queries I would be more than happy to help - I don't feel I can give back much on this forum as yet so anything I can do to help... With the scaling issue - if you want to scale accurately - take a dimension on the model you want to scale (say this is 1423.1mm) you know that this actually needs to be 50mm, divide 50 by 1423.1 = 0.03514. Now grab all of the element you want to scale and click the scale tool, then after you click on one of the green grips that appear, enter 0.03514 - hit Enter and hey presto it is bang on 50mm. Hope that helps...

Also I can't stress enough how useful groups and components are, they allow you to change multiple elements at once and isolate elements you are working on - plus when you enter a group by double clicking, go to View>component edit>hide rest of model to fully isolate the element so you can work on a part that would otherwise be hidden - can be a life saver some times! (hope i'm not teaching you to suck eggs but someone is bound to find that tip useful.)

Iwant1 - looks like a good build log beginning here - watching with interest as not a million miles away from what I'm trying to build; mine I fear may take a long while though (due mainly to funds but also a distinct lack of time!)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeHarris For This Useful Post:

Thread Information