. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    awesome, cheers Dean. That's what i was unsure of during normal operation the home switch being hit / operated, but that clears it up.
    With X2 i just meant the home switch on the slaved X axis to get the gantry square (4 switches in total).
    I have some Omron micro switches for the limits and Honeywell switches for the homes. Cheers!
    Dan

I got a bit annoyed with my machine stripping the delrin on the Z axis, so I decided to put limit switches on it. At the same time I put a couple of extra home switches to give home and limits on X++, X--, Y++, Y-- and Z++. While I was about it I put in status LED's (C'mon it's my toy )

The Limits had to go on a second BoB that I had that worked on 5v, so I basically OR'd each module to operate a reed relay, to give a Ground signal to indicate a limit switch had been triggered.

My main control board worked on 12v for the inductive prox switches and again each axis was OR dioded on the extra inputs for the X and Y axis's.

The only stupidity was the Override to kill the limit signal was a push to break switch. This means I have to hold it pressed while I reset Mach3 and keep it pressed while I jog off the limit. I am changing this to a SPDT switch which puts power onto a buzzer when the override is on. I know it is overkill but hey - I have retired and I need all the excuses I can find to stop other people finding me jobs.

OK - If anybody wants more detail I am happy to provide it, but right now I have to go and clean up in the Kitchen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modules.cwz.jpg 
Views:	931 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	9277

Thread Information