Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
. . . For real meaningful Aluminium and steel work then all of them are not really up to it.!!
The trouble in my case is that my (human-oid) mind, although not (and maybe because of not) having any experience of this field, wants to understand at least the basic concepts of why some things are bad and others good.

Quite sure that I will get a massive buzz with the first proper movement of the cutting tool... maybe just scribing something... but the REAL joy for me is in learning new stuff and putting ideas together, albeit mostly cribbed from others!

My journey started with the intention of only machining wood, and then the idea evolved to...

- maybe it could also be used for at least accurately marking layouts on aluminium parts which would surely be better than marking them manually

- and maybe it could be used to machine aluminium parts like the guys on here have made for the next upgraded version of their machine, albeit at slow speeds and not to the greatest levels of accuracy

Don't think it will evolve further than that... certainly not on the initial machine.