. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    The Journey begins

The Black Cat arrived to day, seems everything’s there, I got an old PC out of the loft to use. I was panicking because I remember there needing to be a LTP port serial port then I remembered that this came with one that plus into the a PCI slot.. pheww, then it turns out the old machine had a serial port after all .. bonus !
    Luckily I’m working from home today and heard the 16 tonner , turbo charging up the hill of our street, because he was lost , they had given him the wrong address.. so after he had gone past twice I stood at the end of the driveway and sure enough he gunned it down the street and pulled over to ask me directions, I asked him who it was for, and that turned out to be me. Anyway after a tirade of expletives and generally bringing the parentage of his dispatcher into question, he got out of the cab, looked at his paperwork and said .. do you have a folk lift ? I said what the fook for ? he said it says here its 500 kgs.. I said it says Goodyear on my tyres, but it fooking hasn’t been..! so he drew back the curtains and I said it would have to be made out of plutonium to way that much.. he agreed and we humped of the wagon and into the shed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7899832434_2fbce34e47_b.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	396.5 KB 
ID:	6707

Name:	7899830900_b015786c33_b.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	422.4 KB 
ID:	6708

As you can see I have added the workshop essentials.. lighting , power heat and loud music

Name:	7899826534_cd1a326880_b.jpg 
Views:	519 
Size:	352.7 KB 
ID:	6709

Name:	7899828118_d7a8952d93_b.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	379.2 KB 
ID:	6710

Name:	7899829518_12dd93aa4b_b.jpg 
Views:	633 
Size:	378.7 KB 
ID:	6711

My mate is a joiner and he has all the tools to build a work bench, luckily for me he lives next door :) I get him “films” and he helps me make stuff. So we will be building that next week. I hope to get the miller up and running before I start messing with the base plate.. after that I will make a Perspex box a. to stop cutting going everywhere and B. for my personal safety lol ..then I will make a sound proof box with all the speaker sound proofing materials I have for the compressor and vacuum pump. That’s as far forward I think….

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetide View Post
    I get him “films” and he helps me make stuff.
    Dirty one's I hope! Ha

Looks good, have fun!

3. Them Speakers look like B&W DM602S2's or possibly the earlier S1's?

Posh speakers for a workshop!

Quote Originally Posted by AdCNC View Post
    Them Speakers look like B&W DM602S2's or possibly the earlier S1's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Posh speakers for a workshop!
    S1's I bought them at a car boot sale off some angry looking women who said they were her ex-husbands ..and didn’t work.. I got them home thinking.. What the hell could go wrong with them.. ? I mean speakers aren’t rocket science. And when I took out the post panels the crossover’s had been snipped! Guess he thought she would just give them back to him, but hey his loss my gain a bit of wire and solder and they were off and running.. I was going to set my daughter up with a system in her room with them, but she would just piss all the street off every night so I have them in the workshop.. Besides I like to hear good music .. the QED P300 and all the other stuff ..I was given because it wasn’t working.. most where simple fixes , I have an Arcam 350 in a box on the floor just needing a new toroid.. amazing the things people just give away lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post
    Dirty one's I hope! Ha
    Looks good, have fun!
    Both ;) he has crap broadband (BT) even though he lives on a cabled street .. go figure

Though I suppose this thread should be split between machines and workshop I'll post my tonights progreess .. not much but its getting there.. frames up should have the top and shelf on tomorrow night, going to coat it with marine varnish to try and cut down om mosture , though I think its a bit useless lol ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	framesups.JPG 
Views:	329 
Size:	473.4 KB 
ID:	6730  

Fiction is far more plausible when wrapped around a thread of truth

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Managed to get the top on and shelf in tonight , going to put a couple of coats of marine varnish on over the weekend. Measure up to deck the top with 4mm perspex.

Sorry about the double pics I uploaded the wrong ones first the 2nd set are the actual right size ..DDOH !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0314.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	172.0 KB 
ID:	6736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bench2.JPG 
Views:	291 
Size:	174.9 KB 
ID:	6737   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0316.JPG 
Views:	302 
Size:	409.9 KB 
ID:	6738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bench4.JPG 
Views:	380 
Size:	405.0 KB 
ID:	6739  

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Managed to get the top on and shelf in tonight , going to put a couple of coats of marine varnish on over the weekend. Measure up to deck the top with 4mm perspex.

Sorry about the double pics I uploaded the wrong ones first the 2nd set are the actual right size ..DDOH !
    you must have some discipline :) id be on my hands and knees on the garage floor cutting holes in whatever i could find with my new cnc.......... the bench would just have to wait!

Lol Mark don’t think I have any mate.. I’m seriously thinking of shouting a week off and getting the damn thing up and running. But I do want to do it right and right from the start save me frustration later on.. i have other things on the go not a least an 18 year old daughter who as mad as a hatter lol

Ralph Waldo Emerson

i have other things on the go not a least an 18 year old daughter who as mad as a hatter lol
    Looking at the avatar i take it that its in the genes.
    The more I know, I know, I know the less. (John Owen)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information