. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now you mention it I remember seeing your build over the summer when I started seriously considering building a CNC. I liked the design so it probably stuck in my mind. Hope you don't mind a little creative borrowing :-).

Out of interest what size box section are you using under your X-axis rails? I'm guessing it must be 50x50 as I've just noticed that the rails over hang on the design I posted above. Did you find that the box section was straight enough for the rails without any flattening?

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblycogs View Post
    Now you mention it I remember seeing your build over the summer when I started seriously considering building a CNC. I liked the design so it probably stuck in my mind. Hope you don't mind a little creative borrowing :-).
    Of course not, its in the public domain now. Just thought id seen it before when I saw it. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblycogs View Post
    Out of interest what size box section are you using under your X-axis rails? I'm guessing it must be 50x50 as I've just noticed that the rails over hang on the design I posted above. Did you find that the box section was straight enough for the rails without any flattening?
    60mm x 60mm x 4mm some welded some bolted as I have the same getting it upstairs issues as yourself. I didn't really have any issues at all regarding straightness. I just made a load of jigs for welding.

Thread Information