Thread: 7' X 4' Combi
Hybrid View
-
26-02-2013 #1
He used aluminium flat bar, so the strips span the width of the bed with a small gap (12mm ish?) between each strip so you can put a bolt through and use nuts/T-nuts or whatever underneath the bed. Can also skim the strips several times without problems. I went for a single sheet to better contain flood coolant and I'm going to add strips on top to make T-slots.
50p per hole ;)?
Drilling them is easy if you use the router with a carbide drill - it's tapping that's the tedious bit.
-
26-02-2013 #2
@ Jazz..(or Jonathan if you Know) Flat bar say 2" wide ontop of what and fixed how??
I suspect when doing the holes i will get one of those tapping attachments if i go for the single plate.
I can streach to a plate 2000 x 1220 x 10mm at a push for under £600 but will that do the job....
RickLast edited by Ricardoco; 26-02-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln
-
26-02-2013 #3
-
26-02-2013 #4
-
08-03-2013 #5
-
08-03-2013 #6
Welding looks good, but the garage looks nearly full!!! G.
-
08-03-2013 #7Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln
Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)




Reply With Quote

Bookmarks