. .
    Hello all,

Title kind of says it all. I am trying to help a fried with a laser cutter and older AMC4 controller.

I would like to get a copy of the WinAMC software and build some vitrtual test control panels.

Any help would be gereatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1164.jpg 
Views:	733 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	8198  

Have you tried contacting Burny directly? I doubt you would manage to pick this up otherwise but I do seem to remember someone else talking about this a while ago on here. A search of the forum might bring it up.

Just spoke with a very helpful Rep at Burny. They adivised moving forward/off the AMC and using current technology rather then integrating it.

Will most likely reseach developing a Parrallel control system with Bob's and LinuxCNC or Mach3 option.

This would allow the cutter to run on the existing legacy Design/Plot/AMC Controller as well as have the option to use a more open control CAM system.

Will need to research the controls needed for the cutter.

Thanks

I glad its getting sorted out. I have dealt with burny a lot in the past and always found them to be helpful. You also have the option of USBCNC as well for your control software and hardware.

Hi, I have been running my Wessel (ex pcb drill/router) as a highly accurate router for about 10 years with an AMC 4 controller (servo version) and have never had any problems. I do use WINAMC (for drip -feeding and config files to over-ride the flash memory) which I believe was a free download at some stage, but has now been removed. There is a possibilty that I can get hold of a copy if you decide to go down that route. G.

Sorry, but I have just been told that WINAMC is no longer available, but that the Burny version will do the same job (maybe better). G.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GEOFFREY For This Useful Post:

Do you still have a copy of WinAMC Geoffrey?

Hi i have a copy of WinAMC but but it needs a user name and password which i don't have

Hello Evrybody
    Im from Turkey,İstanbul.
    We hava a cnc and winamc inside.I had a tunder breake and the winamc had flown.
    How can i havwe that.Would you send me .
    Best wishes from İstanbul.
    Thanks
    Erol topcular.

Thread Information