Had this for a while now & due to some problems I had like a spindle that had to be returned to seller & drivers that I couldn't figure out I decided that rather than rushing ahead to see if it would work ok I would go back to the start & do the job properly as I originally intended to do.
The machine was bought as spares or repair, previous owner had spent quite a bit trying to fix it & was no further forward than when he started so decided to buy a brand new machine. I was going to have a go at fixing it myself but due to lack of service/technical information I took Jazz's advice & went for replacing the electronics with modern components.
The machine was a bit tatty & covered with a combination of swarf & dried cutting fluid plus the acrylic sacrificial strips had seen better days. I've not got any work for it to do plus I still need to learn how to use the software properly so now I am doing what I should have done to start with & completely stripping it, cleaning & painting it & replacing any parts that need replaced.
Pictures below are as I got it, all the old electronics have already gone but not done a great deal else to it yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0281.jpg 
Views:	1706 
Size:	299.9 KB 
ID:	8213

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	m22.jpg 
Views:	1118 
Size:	432.1 KB 
ID:	8212