. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi All,
    My name is Mike and I am about to start building my very first CNC router,
    I will need a lot of help with this and I hope I can count on you all to help. I will change some of my design to what you tell me but I might reject some and go with my own ideas.
    Anyway My main Hobby is building and flying Radio Control Scale models and I hope to make some model kits of planes that I have designed along with Retracts etc to help recoup some of the money that I will be putting into this machine.
    Now with this in mind the main thing that I will be cutting is Ply, balsa, and aluminium for the most, But of course I will have to try house signs wooden toy and any thing else.
    The rails will be Supported linear rails SBR20-300mm SBR20-650mm SBR20-1100mm with the Bearing Blocks.
    And the ballscrews RM1605 - 350mm - 700mm and I will use twin ballscrews - 1150mm This I cannot change as I have them waiting for me on my bench.
    Now I purchased some 6082 aluminium for the Z axis which is 20mm thick 330mm x 160mm and I was surprised at the weight 3.4kg.
    The first question of many.I was planning to use these steppermotors, Will the Nema23 Stepper Motor 3.1Nm be strong enough to work this ( the weight of aluminium four bearing and a router. ) I was going to use these straight without gearing? I have attached a drawing of the Z axis ( I hope ) to let you see what I'm thinking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Just Z.jpg 
Views:	620 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	8730  

Thread Information