. .

Thread: solar tracking

Well it's been some time since I last posted on this forum in fact its been a long time since I had anytime to my self

any way after popping over to see my friend Jonathan I've been inspired to build a solar panel system.

after a lot of head spinning research on the internet I have found a circuit diagram I would like to convert to PCB but the big question is how do you go about it ??

again input and guidance is very welcome

James

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It depends on how you want to produce the PCB.

If you want to isolation machine it, then you'll need to draw it in CAD of some kind.
    If you want to etch it, you'll need it drawn in something that can print it onto paper, or just even draw it on.
    Or if you want to get it professionally made, you'll need it drawn in something that can export the required gerber/nc layer files.

Personally I'd draw it in something like DipTrace (they do a free version - It's what I personally use and found it very easy to learn via the tutorials), then you have the option of how you want to create the PCB. DipTrace has the option to print the design (can be used for etching), and export as dxf (for machining) or gerber/nc (for PCB companies).
    Other PCB design packages are Eagle (industry standard/leader, but expensive and complex to use), Altium (commercial orientated but I've no experience), KiCAD (free/opensource, but I found it a bit clunky/not user friendly and kinda limited), or if you want real basic you could use DesignSpark (used it years ago, so not sure how much it's improved since).
    Have a look over on the EEVblog forum (EEVblog Electronics Community Forum - Index) as they have a PCB section with some good threads on PCB creation.

I personally get all my PCBs made by Seeedstudio in China, as it's very cost effective, although the delivery time may be an issue. Although the last batch I ordered took under 2 weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

m_c thank you for your post and great reply

james

Thread Information