. .
    Hi all, well i fired up the old Boxford and like a dream manual control and spindle control all back online... ran off a quick design on V-Carve for a test and ran simulation.. Magic... loaded the code into Mach and Hmmmm not magic, it looks like it is trying to do the design in micro scale... stopped the machine and tried to jog home and it jogs home but the dro's show massive numbers.. ive looked and looked so as to try and not bother anyone but i just havwe no idea, if i quit out of mach and reload without any g-code it works fine manually but not with the g-code program loaded.. HELP!!!!

Rick
    Here is the G-code to drill 4 holes and 1 in the center.

Work Center 6mm.txt
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

You have G21 at the beginning of the G-code, which defines it as metric and it certainly looks like it's in metric so that's fine. Perhaps Mach3 has inadvertently changed to imperial, as that can scale everything by 25.4 (or 1/25.4) which would make the effect you describe.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    You have G21 at the beginning of the G-code, which defines it as metric and it certainly looks like it's in metric so that's fine. Perhaps Mach3 has inadvertently changed to imperial, as that can scale everything by 25.4 (or 1/25.4) which would make the effect you describe.
    How mad is that, i didnt even check that because its a fresh install on a new pc and i know i selected MM, then in manual mode it worked fine, however, not with a program loaded with a g-code instruction stating metric!!. well it looks like you were correct, because when i checked it was set to Metric.... so go figure???

Rick

thanks Jonathan... its still odd though
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Thread Information