. .

Thread: My acquisition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenson View Post
    How much did you pay? ;)
    paid £500 for the lot !! was a ball ache actually getting it though...

Those rails may potentially be a problem then... im unsure the rust will come off with anything short of sandpaper...

How about a rush removing gel like you get for cars?

I would make a temporary tank up out of plastic sheet and use the electrolysis method, much safer and will look like new for all the parts. Defo stay away from the sand paper
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swarfing For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    I would make a temporary tank up out of plastic sheet and use the electrolysis method, much safer and will look like new for all the parts. Defo stay away from the sand paper
    now that sir is a fantastic idea... its been a while since I did this last!

So; youtube...

ok recommends american "Arm and Hammer" soda.... is there any british alternatives?

as the gantry is in the middle (so the cartridges are also in the middle) with rust either side. Il have to do the cartridges aswell? if I have to replace these its no biggies though i guess?

bog standard soda from tesco or where ever is what i use. for the long stuff use long rods for electrodes each side rather than short ones at the end as wel

Electrolysis? Doesn't that need some high current power supplies and the right material for the anode and cathode? I'm not sure what cola has to do with it? Confused here!

Cola? Soda crystals wally :-)

A car charger and steel will do, just need to clean them off once in a while.

Thread Information