. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarfing View Post
    I have just checked mine and i have continuity between spindle and body. Does that answer the question?
    yes & no...it goes to show that there are some Chinese 300W spindles out there that have continuity & others that don't - thanks for checking though!

These ones on ali express (which seems to be a tad cheaper place to buy vs. ebay) all look much of a muchness, this one looks like yours...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...666996832.html

another variant (quite similar)...

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC-12...677456541.html

Speaking of importing, I'm probably gonna buy this CNC machine (just the machine & steppers only - no drivers, spindle or VFD etc)....

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/82..._for_wood.html

....as I prefer a moving table machine (quieter...the moving gantry machines seemed to be designed like an acoustic guitar - i.e. a big 'soundbox' below the table to amplify the vibrations!) & nobody seems to sell moving table CNC machines anywhere in the UK (Premiersigns did have a similar model - one of which fivetide bought - but even they don't show one on their site now). The Chinese supplier is quoting $1000 delivered by sea which is about £650 + taxes, which for a 3020 ballscrew/ballnut machine constructed from Aloominum(!) seems reasonable.
    Last edited by HankMcSpank; 16-06-2013 at 02:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HankMcSpank For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    The way I see it, the only way the shaft wont be earthed is if they have ceramic bearings
    Yea was going to say ceramic...

Quote Originally Posted by asbo View Post
    Would you like some photos?
    If you dont mind that would be great, i'm guessing Hank has offered to buy this off you now but photo's of it here would still be nice, as i bet there isn't any online and would serve us well for other people to come (archive kind of thing).

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    I would love to know where the break is... there must be one between the shaft bearing and body and I just cant see it being ceramic bearings?
    Agreed, photo's me think's!

.Me
    .Me

Lives in bristol, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 26-11-2017 Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 31. Received thanks 3 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    Spinle can be easy grounded also during operation. Add the axial brush in the top...

kr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information