. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    @Wal, glad you got it sorted and thanks same to you.

@Jazz, thanks, very glad now I ventured an opinion. My floating bearings seems to have a almost like a bit of taper and it looks like the bearing can only be pressed out to one side which is why I made the assumption. Like they say: Assumption is the mother of all f%-ups. Did not figure out that it may wear over time and the bearing might float right thru the housing. I can see that will be a very bad thing so I'm going to fit the circlips! Like I said mine appears to have a bit of taper so does it matter if the bearing is pushed to the side where its sitting a bit loose in the housing? Also, on two of my floating bearing housings, the bearings sits very tight, to the point where the have to tapped out, should I make those holes a smidgion larger so that the bearing can actually "float" in the housing instead of the shaft floating inside the bearing?
    Last edited by mitchejc; 02-01-2015 at 08:48 AM. Reason: need more infi

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)