. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ok, I'm back for a moment. I apologize for for abruptly leaving. Had something to attend to. Thank you all for the warm warm welcome and friendly advice thus far. I am feeling a lot less confident in purchasing the used equipment i was talking about in the first post. I need this build to be accurate and precise. I looked into the Chinese ball screws and railing and they have something like a .05 inch loss per per foot in ball screws and rails im sure are machined to similar standards as the ball screws. Not that i'm bagging a machine with these specs its just not what I am aiming for with this build. I will continue to search around. I looked into NOOK and they have ball screws at about .005 accuracy every foot so that is very desirable, im sure costs reflect that but I will see if this can be something I can attain. Thank you for the advice thus far every one please provide as much of your insight as you wish. I hope to someday soon have a very nice machine working with me.

as far as pics go I will get some off the computer where I have them and post them.
    Numbers... Which would you like to know?? I dont have a set speed rating for machining. Dimensions are goinf to be around 4.5xx9.5 ft machining area. Z axis is going to have 14 inches of movement.
    I have not quiet figured out a cooling solution for the tool but its in the works.

Mainly now I need to determine the rails to use, ball screws and how I am going to make these work together to get the machine performing a modern miracle.

Thank you all again. Hope to read more from the community.
    Last edited by oldmam4m80s; 15-08-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Thread Information