. .
    A quick question. Can anyone clarify the wiring between the Optoport V3 breakout board and the DQ860MA stepper drive.
    I ask because the breakout board has DIR, STEP, GND & ENA while the drive has ENBL-, ENBL+, DIR-, DIR+, PLS- & PLS+.
    Jim

2. Is breakout board open-collector outputs? do you have manual or online link.

General arrangement would be one of:

BOB output connects to + input of drive through suitable resistor, all - inputs connect to BOB GND (active high outputs)

or

BOB output connects to - input of drive through suitable resistor, all + inputs connect to voltage source on BOB (open collector outputs)

See attached file, well if this worked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	optoboardV3.pdf 
Views:	296 
Size:	601.5 KB 
ID:	9733

Hi Jim, Just take the negs (-) to any Gnd's on the Opto V3 you won't need any Resistors the drives will work fine.

Dean.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote I ask because the breakout board has DIR, STEP, GND & ENA while the drive has ENBL-, ENBL+, DIR-, DIR+, PLS- & PLS+.

In this case STEP = PLS if that helps further. ..Clive

6. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Hi Jim, Just take the negs (-) to any Gnd's on the Opto V3 you won't need any Resistors the drives will work fine.

Dean.
    I'll bow to your better experience on this BOB Dean, the manual is useless on what type of outputs they are.

Thanks for all your advise.
    Many more to come. Lol
    Jim

8. OT, many many moons ago I used to have an identical colour Clubman 1275GT, bored out 1340cc, blueprinted, 731 cam and twin downdraft webers with a small bonnet scoop. Was fun on and off the track!

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    I'll bow to your better experience on this BOB Dean, the manual is useless on what type of outputs they are.
    Sorry Irving wasn't meaning you were wrong just rushed reply and should have Said I've used several of these BOBs so know won't need Resistors on these drives. .

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    OT, many many moons ago I used to have an identical colour Clubman 1275GT, bored out 1340cc, blueprinted, 731 cam and twin downdraft webers with a small bonnet scoop. Was fun on and off the track!
    Irving, this is a fully lightened and balanced 1380 with 286 scatter cam and all the frills. Was my pride and joy as it handled fantastic, but it had to go.

Thread Information