. .
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Hi,
    will take photos

Definitely go rotating nuts. Normally i run it at 8000 mm/min for wood as faster wood will chip. But for foam or 3d jobs i run it 16.000 or faster. And being snappy means no slowing in corners. Especially important if doing deep trochoidal toolpaths. Meaning a very serious difference in time. Not that a 10.000 mm min max speed machine is not enough for a normal work, but if you have an order of say 100 doors or something the difference will be like 4 or 5 more days to do the job. And talking about profiling the panels only. Not 3d job
    Hi Boyan, thank you for the good information. Yes I want to aim for some of those speeds without it being a disaster if I don't achieve - This is mainly ambitious hobby stuff, but would like to have the option to put it to work for money.

I guess you are not a fan of ballscrew damper type things like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWB6FAJCPhA ?
    Even if I ddn't have a problem with whipping, I would be a bit concerned about the rotating inertia of the ballscrews if I went the driven screw rout.
    The two long ballscrews I have are 32mm dia. 5mm pitch and 2300mm stroke. They are only rolled c7 accuracy (claimed) ones from China, but will hopefully work for what I want. Maybe I would have gone 15 or even 20mm pitch if I was doing over, but I started this a long time ago... I bough end supports with them - only cheap ones though so not worried if I don't end up using them...

I look forward to seeing the photos of your machine's design in this area. Am almost certain I will copy it quite closely. What size belts did you go for? Any leads on best place to get belts and pulleys?
    Thanks again for your guidance on this - priceless info from an experienced builder!

PS.
    I just pulled the trigger and bought 4 of the 400W AC Samsung servos and drivers, similar to the ones you use, from dy-global. Fingers crossed they get here ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    Hi Boyan, thank you for the good information. Yes I want to aim for some of those speeds without it being a disaster if I don't achieve - This is mainly ambitious hobby stuff, but would like to have the option to put it to work for money.

I guess you are not a fan of ballscrew damper type things like this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWB6FAJCPhA ?
    Even if I ddn't have a problem with whipping, I would be a bit concerned about the rotating inertia of the ballscrews if I went the driven screw rout.
    The two long ballscrews I have are 32mm dia. 5mm pitch and 2300mm stroke. They are only rolled c7 accuracy (claimed) ones from China, but will hopefully work for what I want. Maybe I would have gone 15 or even 20mm pitch if I was doing over, but I started this a long time ago... I bough end supports with them - only cheap ones though so not worried if I don't end up using them...

I look forward to seeing the photos of your machine's design in this area. Am almost certain I will copy it quite closely. What size belts did you go for? Any leads on best place to get belts and pulleys?
    Thanks again for your guidance on this - priceless info from an experienced builder!

PS.
    I just pulled the trigger and bought 4 of the 400W AC Samsung servos and drivers, similar to the ones you use, from dy-global. Fingers crossed they get here ok.

There is a rotating ball nut thread in the forum, most info is there including free designs from me and other people

15mm HDT 5 belts

I use Belting online for belts and pulleys. Once bought 20 crappy chinese pulleys so -never again

i use this calculator for the centre to centre distances and other stuff

I can send you the CAD files if needed for the rotating nut , ball screw is 25 size, screw should be manually greased well as it heats when things get faster
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

3. Hi Boyan, yes, thank you, I have occupied the last three hours digesting that other thread on the rotating nut design :) Looks good.
    I would much appreciate the CAD files to tinker with - there was a link in the other thread, but I think it has expired.
    Thanks for the guidance regarding the belts - that probably saved me a lot of pain.

Edit: Your ballscrew was 10mm pitch if I'm not mistaken? Would it seem reasonable to run a 1:1 pulley on mine to the 400W servos because pitch is 5mm? Thanks again!
    Last edited by Bongo; 13-07-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    If you see a 250kg gantry moving at 20k mm min at 3000mm/sec you would laugh at the speed shown on the video.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Hi Silyavski,

I have to dig this old thread up as I have a tricky question (for me) regarding your frame.

I see that you welded your frame and everything including parts of the Z assembly. Did you do some stress relieve? If not, how the residual stress affect the accuracy, given that you have been using it for some years?

Thank you for sharing! Not only on this thread but others, I learnt a lot from you (particularly about belt and pulley) from another thread.

Deleted
    Last edited by nhan863240; 19-04-2023 at 04:50 AM.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread Information