. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    I would buy a rail package and Abb robot -----The 7th Axis is the table/carriage and carries the Robot to the Fixture -Numatic hammer on the head of the robot giving 6 axis control ?
    I am saving for Bentley, so can not afford that one.

Quote Originally Posted by ~andy View Post
    Out of interest, how are you planning to monitor the affect of the hammer?
    To sink a shell is an art of itself. The idea is ideal shape with thicknesses distributed exactly where you want them, and its not linear. Repeating the result when hammering by hand is not possible, its difficult also to form a precise smooth shape .

Actually i am stretching the metal in a special way, not simply hammering it down. Every pass is different and the goal is to stretch and distribute the thickness where you want it without warping the sheet. As the sheet warps irreparably when not hammered properly. Ok, somewhat repairable, but with heat treating only. And it introduces other problems that have to be dealt with at further moment.

So implementing my hammering technique pass by pass will program it. Until i eliminate material variables, yes cold rolled steel is not so perfect as it sounds.

Butr if you mean literally, the answer is with 37db ear protection
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 26-09-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Thread Information