Quote Originally Posted by ba99297 View Post
Thanks everybody for your advices

The plan that you suggest me to make Syliavski looks very strong and stiff. My question is how am I going to adjust that table if I have imperfections as cause of arc welding. The basic advantage of arc welding is the stiffness, on the other hand if I only weld and have no ability to adjust with bolts, I think is more than sure that my X axis rails wont be on the same plane. So I think that I will keep the solution of the bolt adjustment an replace the I beams with 80X80X3 or 4mmsquare beam. The Chinese says 1 picture 1000 words, I will design it and I will come back. Meanwhile I will be glad to hear any suggestion.

Thank for your time

Vagelis
Hi Vangelis

- between 80x80x3 and 4mm, the best choice is or 80x80x3 or 100x100x3 .
Why?
80x80x3 1m=7.17kg/m
80x80x4 1m=9.47kg/m
100x100x3 1m=9.02kg/m

Looking at their properties from my suppliers brochure the conclusion is that roughly the second is 20% stiffer than first and the third is at least double stiffer, hence for the same weight ~9.kg the 100x100 x3 will make quite stiffer machine structure

About soldering:

With careful thinking and careful soldering and only 2 big clamps i achieved a structure where not only is up to the mm precise but the beams are on one level and the supporting beams are on one level too. Nevertheless i will use Epoxy to level bellow the supported rails. As suggested by fellow members here i bought West system Epoxy with Hardener
from dansonmarine.co.uk who will ship in europe, contact them.
1kg of 105 resin and .33kg of 209 hardner, £45.00 per pack +£17 to Spain
Delivery is £17.00 to spain

It took me a whole day to weld it and i would not go other way. You can do it with a helper, 2 or even better 4 big clamps and a 2m aluminum profile or a real straight edge.
there is an procedure that has to befollowed, check my build or if you dont understand i will explain later.But mostly it consist of designing and welding "stair like" the individual assemblies, which at the end are soldered together in a "stair like" fashion. That means left and right part of the table should be finished first and then connected as suggested above.