. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Shropshire, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-01-2020 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 31. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Thanks for the reply's

I think I am set on getting a smooth stepper, they are so much better than a PP your right

but I was just wondering if there was any simple fixes that would improve my PC in the mean time but I think I am at the end of the road with this one

Jazz thank you for this kind offer, I am just trying to get things ready for a new machine I am building so there is no rush at the moment but thanks a lot.

A little bit about the machine: Rm1605 ball screws with direct drive

Wantai DQ890MA stepper drives running at 72V

Nema 23 motors

I am basically trying to get the best speed and accuracy I can from this configuration so I think a smooth stepper will be a good addition

Joe
    Last edited by Joe; 12-12-2013 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I am basically trying to get the best speed and accuracy I can from this configuration so I think a smooth stepper will be a good addition

Joe
    Ok Well can I just say that don't waste time trying to chase speed too much has it's not really necessary for most work you'll do with a 5mm pitch screw.
    With that setup of 72V and half decent drives at a sensible micro stepping then Mach at 35Khz will give all the speed you require for most work within the 5mm pitch range of working. Really if your wanting higher feeds than this you have the wrong pitch screw.

Accuracy comes more from attention to detail and build quality than it does components, whether that be mechanical or electrical. Repeatability and smoothness comes more from Components.

The SS does help with Smoothness and reliability but with a 5mm pitch then any speed gain would be wasted has the screw will become the limiting factor.

Thread Information