. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMorris
    I've spent some time trawling catalogues from many companies and I'm starting to think that the 'rockcliff packs' that Marchant Dice do are good value... Any thoughts on this?
    The same as that there trading on eBay to, I’m only going to be doing really light work most of the time and I’m thinking that the 1/2" rods will do for what I need. To be confirmed!

I got this email from David - cncbasher

Hi lee
    yes the larger the rail the better , but dont go too mad marchantdice are expensive if you dont check everything

so i did some checkin

16mm Ground rod is about £6.50 a foot , i recon you need 12' , so working an that assumption his prices are not bad concidering their heavy and any metal being sent by post is expensive

hollow tube and bearings can be used as per the JGRO router on cnczone but it dpends on what you call LIGHT !

i'd go for the rods myself , it's money well spent in the long run but yes i know what you mean , you need to look after the pennies but using tube will give you all sorts of troubles , and by the time you've sorted it all out you'll have wasted quite a bit on time and money which you'll no doubt spend later
    Link to marchantdice on eBay, post up your build log if all you’ve got is the parts right now load some picks and list them it’s getting lonely being the only one with a build log. Seems quite a few builders are waiting to get all their parts before they start on anything, I’m looking to get my machine built as soon as.

I may just be different and I am currently looking to use this machine to automate the production of some products I currently make by hand as I cant fill the orders quick enough right now.
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 20-08-2010 at 12:39 AM.
    .Me

Thread Information