. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    100% the noise is motors stalling from being over tuned and trying to cut too fast.

Looking at the speed you where cutting at I think your being too ambitous on the Feed n speeds for this little machine and the motors are running out of torque and thats why your getting stalling motors.

Drop the feed rates down and try again and I think you'll find it works fine.

You could play with motor tuning which would help but I think your just pushing the little thing too hard.!! . . .. Try lowering the Accel first if you adjust motor tuning has that will have the biggest affect and would cause this kind of stalling/missed steps.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-01-2014 at 12:01 AM.

phew! I'm pleased to hear you say that jazz! Is just me being far too ambitious with it. I will have another play tomorrow night and get those speeds down. what kind of speed would be a conservative setting? also this may sound stupid. I can change the feed speed whilst cutting in vectric whilst setting up my toolpath. Is there a separate option in maxh to adjust the rapid movements in between cuts? or is this dictated purely by feed settings? guessing there's something in mach3 for this?

Thanks again and appreciate your opinion jazz. was beginning to feel open wallet surgery about to take place ;-) .

thank you

Rapid speed is the Velocity setting in Motor tuning.
    If you watch the video it stalls while cutting not rapiding between moves so I think if you tweak the Accel first and lower the feed while cutting then you'll be ok.
    Basically it's stalling under the cutting load which isn't much at this depth but your feed rate is so fast your at the limits of the motors torque so it doesn't take much to make stall.

Just drop the Accel by 10% and try again.

What feed rate was it set at while cutting.?

Edit: If you want to test and see the affects of lowering feedrate without altering anything, machine or G-code, then just lower the feed rate over ride to 75% and try it again.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-01-2014 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmillertime View Post
    phew! I'm pleased to hear you say that jazz! Is just me being far too ambitious with it. I will have another play tomorrow night and get those speeds down. what kind of speed would be a conservative setting? also this may sound stupid. I can change the feed speed whilst cutting in vectric whilst setting up my toolpath. Is there a separate option in maxh to adjust the rapid movements in between cuts? or is this dictated purely by feed settings? guessing there's something in mach3 for this?
    Just for the sake of clarity Velocity and Accel are two different settings in Mach they are in config\motor tuning. Not to be confused with each other Jazz is referring to the Accel setting that might be a bit too high. Good luck I am sure you will get this sorted. ..Clive

Thread Information