. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    This machine is very flimsy in some important areas.!
    Basicly it looks like a Aluminium profile frame work with Slotted profile for the bed sat on pressed steel tressels. The gantry sides are very flimsy pressed steel and don't look very well braced or supported where they meet the linear bearings.
    It also use's rack & pinion for the long axis which isn't unusual for this size machine but it doesn't look to have much gear reduction so could be low resolution.? Also the torque could be low with those smaller Nema 23 motors with no or low reduction.

The Z axis is very poor design and use's unsupported round rail with only 2 bearings and a flimsy front plate which spindle attaches to. The spindle is actually an Ok spindle which is similair to the Kress but better with more power. German made I think.?

Being honest you are paying mostly for the T-slot the bed which at this size machine is very expensive but it's failing in some very important places like Z axis and Gantry strength. In practice for mostly wood based machine then T-slot isn't worth the expense IMO and just a simple stable material for the bed with a MDF spoil board is much better and far cheaper.

Not sure you could buy a cheaper or better machine from any other Company at this size but you certainly could build one far far better for less than 5K.

IMO it would be a bad move to buy this machine has it will yield only average results and lower quality finish.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 06-02-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Thread Information