. .
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I want to extend my vfd screen to the front of the box but need a ribbon cable with fc-10p connector I just wondered if anyone had any spare as it seams I can only order a min of 10 male and female each so quite a lot for when I only need the one of each many thanks

Last edited by Clive S; 13-10-2014 at 03:40 PM. Reason: addded link

Think that's the one many thanks for that! i don't think I had quite the right wording in my searches , I have order some so will soon see many thanks

I have watched as many tutorials on Mach 3 as I can and I think I understand the basics now so have started to try and learn how to set things up however I have a few questions.

the first is what is the best way to change the direction of a stepper ie my x axis goes positive to the left and I want it to go to the right and the same for my y

the second question is with limit over rides . At the moment with that the override limit box clicks but the box doesn't go green , the auto limit override box clicks and goes green but does not seam to have any effect and I can't get it off the switch to re set without doing it manually.

Third is is that I have had a go at calibrating the x axis which is running the 1-4 gear box and the steps per calibrated at 16.2 which from what I gathered is very low so just questioning that?

Best regards charlie

cheers thanks for the advice best order a stack load more slide blocks then mounting is no sweat as i can put them on to the rail and then just slide it strait on to the aluminium. Next job i think is to make sure it is all perfectly level on the floor and get a plate made up to bolt the carriages too. If i can get the plates laser or water jet cut do you think i can rely on there accuracy to get the two carriages to aline or do i need to factor in adjustment with a oval hole or something?

many thanks again

been working on modifying the design a little bit to try and simplify the build as its my first. I have just got the parts to build the z axis however annoyingly the mounting holes on the bearing blocks are not spaced the same as the ali extrusion so i am assuming the best way to solve this is by having some plates made up to go between and allow me to bolt one to the other?
    Last edited by charlieuk; 28-11-2014 at 12:56 AM.

This is not unusual. I think you are suggesting adding a plate under the bearing block to bolt to, which is in turn bolted to the extrusion rails. This is fine, but will raise your ballscrew by the thickness of the plate - is that a problem?

If it is a problem, these blocks normally have both vertical holes and horizontal holes for mounting. So instead you can use the horizontal holes to bolt into a thick plate/block which is next to the bearing block, and is in turn then bolted vertically down onto the extrusion. The trade-off this time is a small loss of ballscrew travel equal to the thickness of the block/plate.

If none of these options work, you can drill and tap straight into the face of the extrusion (i.e not using the rails) - but you will need to check if there is enough material to tap into and you avoid the slots.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

yes that was what i had in mind.They do have horizontal holes but i am going to have to get the parts made for me so flat plates may be easier. i was wondering if i could bolt it directly but the holes are right on the edge of the slots so it would only be going properly through the very middle of the extrushion.

i have not chosen any steppers yet but was just wondering if i was going to need a reduction with belts and pulley that i plan on the top or wether normally it is just 1 to 1. the plan is to use a 2.2kw spindle and then there will be the weight of what is in the picture and what ever stepper i use.

Last edited by charlieuk; 28-11-2014 at 01:15 AM.

a few more pics
    Last edited by charlieuk; 28-11-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information