. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I use both a 3D touch probe and touch plate i.e. both of the methods Jazz describes. I have a mini toggle switch rigged up to switch between the two circuits, but it does mean going into Mach3 to change from active low to active high depending on which one I am using.

I would say the 3D probe is more convenient once its in the tool collet as my machine laying flat means I would need arms 6 feet long to click the probe button and hold the plate to the part. That said I have had to use the touch plate only and it works fine as its very simple and I still use it to set my tool height.

The 3D probe also gives you the option of "scanning" objects into MACH3/CAD (or it would if I find time to work out how ;-) ).

I have a mini toggle switch rigged up to switch between the two circuits, but it does mean going into Mach3 to change from active low to active high depending on which one I am using.
    Surely there must be a way with a simple transistor so as with the switch the probe would give out the correct level o/p. Or am I missing something? I can hear Irving's brain working in the background ..Clive

Hi Washout,

Many thanks for your help. It sound like you have a good size machine and I seewhy you would need long arms!
    I shall just make a little touch plate to start with and see what trouble I getinto with that. I think that will be ample for my need at the minute.

All the best

Suesi

Thread Information