Hi all, My name is Rob.

Since completing my degree a couple of years ago I have been moving from dead end job to dead end job... ...the thing is I was rather good at 3D design and construction. So I am trying to build a CNC Router with a cutting area of 1200mm x 1200mm to cut up to 18mm ply. (I don't fancy cutting out 300 components for my furniture out by hand.) I would like to experiment with thicker materials such as engraving designs into 2" soft hardwoods In the future.

As a realist I was wondering if any of you have Machines that use aluminum extrusion (cost in getting some one to weld out of steel and deliver is not an option ) as the frame that I could basically copy!

the cutting tool i wish to use is this; RT0700CX2 1/4" Router-Trimmer Makita (I just LOVE Makita tools, and this bad boy is so useful it deserves it's own thread :) )

My other requirement (another reason for the aluminum) is due to my crap job I will have to start out with cheep parts/Motors/Ball screws/belts and upgrade when I can afford it!

If anyone can suggest a suitable package deal on the motors and controller for my entry level CNC you deserve a Digital Hi Five.