. .

Thread: Site Home Page

Shows a Weightlifter in a Blue Pinafore operating a manual drill press, I don't say this lightly, as I generally despise TXT Speak, but LOL :-)
    Last edited by magicniner; 05-04-2014 at 03:36 PM.

If you liked that then watch this, it might be the same bloke but he grew a beard ?

Through The Eyes Of The Dead - Guitar Cover - YouTube
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 05-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

No, I don't like it. ;-)
    I also don't like the pointless home page, with no content except the invitation to click the only available link, it smacks of half-arsed slipshod web development :-(
    It's not dificult to automatically redirect, excep it seems is for the developer here, I've done better whilst asleep! :-]

- Nick

Thought it was just my machine playing about but clearly not. A better idea would be a picture of a cnc related image as a brief splash screen, followed by a re-direct to the forum. Or just leave it as it was . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Or an offline develpment copy of the site for testing and general buggering about with prior to copying to the live site, but hey, that might smack too much of professionalism ;-)

Noticed this last week. Pain in the arse and completely pointless as Nick says. I just reset my favourite link again to the forum home page.

I recall many months ago ago a conversation with Lee where he said it would link to several sites, in which case the recently added page would make sense. Until then though I agree it's completely pointless and just wastes everyone's time.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

It's never bothered me because I never land on that page, my link always takes me directly to this forum
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

Quote Originally Posted by EddyCurrent View Post
    It's never bothered me because I never land on that page, my link always takes me directly to this forum
    It's mildly annoying for me as I often log on to the site using university computers, so now I have to append "/forum" to the URL to get to the right page. But I can cope ;)
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

10. I'm glad I'm not alone in my criticism of how the site is run :)
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information