. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gary, check this page categories to left are ok but you've got something missing Stepper Motors - Electrical Products

Personally I don't like the sickly limey green and as your logo is blue, blue would be a far better colour. Blue and Red are colours of a professional business, unless your a recycling business stick red or blue. Lime colours are a no no.
    http://www.empower-yourself-with-col...te-colors.html
    Last edited by longy; 24-05-2014 at 10:05 PM. Reason: link

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    Personally I don't like the sickly limey green and as your logo is blue, blue would be a far better colour. Blue and Red are colours of a professional business, unless your a recycling business stick red or blue. Lime colours are a no no.
    Nah sorry don't agree I think it looks great and the contrast is spot on much better and easier layout to find things than before. I hated previous layout.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Nah sorry don't agree I think it looks great and the contrast is spot on much better and easier layout to find things than before. I hated previous layout.!

I will have to disagree with you on the colours Dean, as the limey green contrast is not good at all. Anyone suffering from colour blindness and the visually impaired users would find it difficult.

Colours are always a problem with website designers and I know you can't please everyone, but it's something that has to taken into consideration when designing the navigation and the contrasting colours. How do you know that people with disability will be able to use the site with ease. Most disabled people know how to switch of the styles in their browsers to make navigation easier but there are still a lot that don't. The colours don't change the way navigation works or how the page loads the server side data.

For anyone that want to see the page without "styles" in IE go to " View "n the top menu "Click" and hover over Style and select No Style, to reverse just click Default style.

4. With any new design there will be people who like it and some that dont, i agree the green is not ideal, i have experimented with other colors and the best so far is grey so will most likely change to that?
    As for the stepper motor page, this is something i know about and its on the list of things to do.
    The main reason for the change is the old site got very cluttered and there were problems with the existing navigation menu that sometimes did not work, also there was no connection to our backend stock control so unless we had someone manually updating the stock, then there were always going to be problems.

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    Gary, check this page categories to left are ok but you've got something missing Stepper Motors - Electrical Products

Website Colors

Thread Information