Quote Originally Posted by Dean jeffery View Post
Just looked at the solid cam software, for DIY hobby use this is way out of my league just on price. Then I beleave you have to pay a subscription on a yearly basis, any other options that's with in reach for what I need it to do.
Yes unfortunatly I know and wasn't suggesting you used SolidCam the point I was trying to make was the quality of the software you use greatly impacts how is or hard it is to make parts. Also choosing software which is aimed towards the type of work your mainly doing helps as they have toolpath stratergies more suited with larger range of options. This is Esp true with 3D software.
Unfortunatly there is no one software that does all great. If mostly 3D work then Deskproto is about the best IMO at hobby level thou it lacks at 2D. Cam Bam is another ok run of the mill software. Then you have the Vectric and Delcam offerings but they tend to be leaning towards wood side with cutting stratergies more suited to that type of work. Dolphin Cam and MeshCam are also Ok softwares in the Mid price range but really your going to have to do some research and look around looking at will suit your needs best.