HI, have been reading these forums for quite a while and after eventually deciding i didnt have the skill or knowledge to build my own machine at the moment, have recently purchased a heiz S1400 CNC second hand, with very little mileage.

It came with a computer with mach 3 already set up and so far i have been using it as is, without changing any settings

The CNC came with an Auto Height setting puck that plugs into a terminal on the z axis gantry and i am suing mach3 to set the auto tool height.

At first it was a little intermittent, ie sometimes it would work fine and sometimes it would not and i would have to gog the machine to a slightly different postition, however now it has stopped working completely, so that when the z should back off when touching the plate, it carries on going and i have to hit the emergency stop button, this is happening every time now.

I have done some googling but have not found anything that i have either found to help or that i understand lol

In Mach3 whilst looking at the diagnostics page the digitize led is on when the probe is not plugged in and goes off when i plug the probe in, the led stays off when the bit is touching the plate.

Not sure if that info is any help, but might be a starting point

Anyone have any ideas?