I came to this forum because I was thinking of a chinese 6040. Learnt that they are not up to serious work, and now requirement creep has set in.

I'm hopeful that there is someone local that will help me build a machine, I've got a name to call. I want to avoid getting too sucked into the building side of things, this is a tool and I have a job to get on and do with it.

What I'd like is a 3 axis router, for use on wood sheet, with a travel of 1200 x 800. I'll also use it for small plastics parts needing up to about 100mm of Z travel.

I don't know what metrics you use here, but the workload could be something like 8000 cm3 of chipboard/mdf per day (About 30mins ?)

So, can you give me an idea of cost?

State your assumptions regarding help I might get from this local chap or from forum members :)

I'm a theoretical engineer (haven't actually touched metal since apprenticeship), a woodworker, a programmer, and I have a (crappy) metalwork lathe.

PS. my same post in RFQ was a mistake, I'd like to blame it on a forum glitch but probably I was just tired.