Hi

I know nothing about lasers and CNC so am looking for some general opinions as am looking at can i install one on an existing matching. I will list the bit that i need to have an understanding about

1. What extras do i need on any controller for a laser ( currently thinking of cs-labs cp- )

am currently trying to decide on the controller for the full machine......what do i need to be considering...what problems ?

2. Mounting positions and angles.

This is the real thinker. The machine i have, will allow me if its better, to mount the laser tube, onto an air assisted Z, vertically ( not needing as many reflectors ) and use the beem directly out of the tube. Any problems or opinions on this ?... Also, this will meen the tube is moving a lot... will this cause problems..... How much do i need to sheild the tube...

3. Can anyone give me a general run down on,

laser power vs distance vs cutting power
anything i need to know about accuracy.

I think we will be using the laser for etching pics on stone and metals etc, hopefully quite detailed ones, but am thinking if its done correctly, we may also be able to use it for cutting when required. Am hoping, that because i can use it straight out of the zube, and can accurately get the distance on the Z, i could possibly use for both.

There are probably questions i should be asking, but dont understand i should yet ( think donald rumsfeld, unknown unknowns )

I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT LASER SETUP SO FEEL FREE TO ADD ANY OPINIONS / ADVISE

a