Hi, This is my first post (Thank you Lee for your help). My Build project is for a 'Budget Optimum' xyz gantry Router. I am a retired Carpenter/joiner with a 50m2 workshop. My interest is building Musical instruments, primarily Acoustic Guitars and Mandolins. So, only really machining Wood (Exotics), and possibly plastics.
So far, I have built a (800mm x 600mm Table) floor mounted frame from Tubular steel with Side and Gantry rails made from 13mm HPL (Trespa) with lots of 608 bearings and have quite good stability.

It was watching the 'OX' cnc Vid that prompted me to have a go in the first place and have decided on a 15mm x 5mm HTD fixed Belt motion system similar to the 'OX'.

I have now arrived at the 'Buying the Motors and Drivers' stage and could really do with some advice.
Being on a budget I am tempted by the Longs kit of 4 nema 23's 2.2 for a miserly £108 but having read many of the other threads and having had unhappy experiences of (not) understanding Chinese/English instructions... hmmm

I have a few Basic questions..
I would like to 'slave' 2 motors to run the 'X'. Will I need separate drivers?

Can I mix and match with motion options? If I use Timing Belts on X & Y is it ok to use Acme thread on the Z?

There seems to be a huge choice of Nema 23's all with different No.s.. how do I know what is my best choice?

Polar, Bipolar, Unipolar, 4,5,6,8 wires? help..

I am not quite sure what a 'Breakout' board does and as electronics quickly advance has it now been absorbed into more modern Driver boards? (The Spark Concepts new xPRO (US) looks very tempting at $120..)

And finally software.. I am reasonably experienced with Sketchup and have downloaded SketchUcam which seems to bypass Mach3 (being cheap again) to give me the Gcode. I think this will give me the facility's I am hoping for. Is it possible to have Manual control with a Joystick or something.. does only certain Drivers give you that option?
I am sure you can gauge my level of (in)competence from this post. Thanks