There's not right or wrong way or better or worse it's all down to preference.

My setup is mostly done from lower left corner but in the case of a circle I may use the centre it all depends on the job and material it's coming out of. Often i'm cutting parts out of existing sheets and with a circle working from centre is easier regards waste and fitting into available space etc.

If your mostly using square sheet material then I'd setup reference bump stops or edges along each axis so can work from same X0 Y0 WORK coordinate and cut this process out. Only needing to set the Z ZERO. (if using same thickness material won't even need to do that.!)
You should be able to set the G54 WORK OFFSET in the control. G54 is often the default OFFSET and will be the last place you set the WORK ZERO if the OFFSET was saved before closing down the control. So you can predefine a spot on the table and save as G54 default which will always be the same unless explicitly changed by you or G-code.
On first startup you should always HOME the machine first before doing anything. Then after this the Control nows the OFFSET's and because G54 is the default then it will be set to the spot on the table you designated ZERO for G54. Which is be the corner of the material when against the bump stops.

Even if you change the G54 OFFSET in g-code while working so long as you don't save the WORK OFFSET when finishing cutting session the machine will start backup at the spot you selected after homing.

One thing I will mention with smaller jobs is not to work on the table in one spot all time but to move the smaller stuff around the table to lower wear on the ballscrews in one area.