. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mick In the absence of the master's on here (I am sure they will be around in a bit) let's see if you can get your original kit working. Frist alter the vel in Mach to say 1500mm/min and try that. (you have it set for about 2000mm/min).
    The other kit you have bought is better but not good. You need motors with low inductance. The drives in that kit will accept up to about 48V which is better and you could use them with the power supply from the kit.

Don't get despondent there are plenty of people on here to help. ..Clive

Hi Clive. I know the kit I have is not amazing but it's all I could aford at this time. I'm not too worried about my set up as I have it running ok tbh, just not at the seeds they say it will run.

At the moment I have it set like this 320 - 1000-100. And it runs ok just a bit slow. This is fine for now as I'm just learning. But if I try any higher like say 320-1200-150 then it starts to randomly jam. At 320-1500-200 or higher it will jam all the time. I'm guessing the recommend setting are a sales lie by the eBay seller and not what the electronics are up to.

But I would like to track the fault down so I don't junk what I don't have to when I want it to run faster.
    I'M thankful for all and any help I get on here.

Mike Are you saying that your running at 1000mm/min on one axis and slower on the others? ..Clive

No. X nY at 320-1000-100 and Z at 320-700-100

Quote Originally Posted by amxen View Post
    No. X nY at 320-1000-100 and Z at 320-700-100
    Mike Is that code for steps, vel,acel ? ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Mike Is that code for steps, vel,acel ? ..Clive

yes Clive the manufacture instructions say to set it to

steps = 320
    velocity = 2000
    acceleration 200

but if i go anywhere near this it stalls

i have to set it to

steps =320
    velocity 1000
    acceleration 100

and at this i still get a bit of grinding sound some time.

Ok Mike Unless you change the dip switch setting (on the driver) for the micro steps you don't need to touch that.
    That setting is to set up the machine so that when you tell the machine move say 50mm it actually moves 50mm.
    I would now move the steps to 1/4 which would be 160 by setting K1 and K2 (look the switch position up in the manual) on the driver and then change the Mach3 steps from 320 to 160. (re read EddyCurrent post #5).
    See how it runs then. Just change one thing at a time. When you say grinding noise, are you running the motors on or off the machine? ..Clive

Hi Guys
    I have been watching this thread and can offer no advise regarding the electronics/drive side, but would it not be prudent to disconnect the the ball screws and check to see if the axis are moving freely.
    Just a thought.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I would now move the steps to 1/4 which would be 160 by setting K1 and K2 (look the switch position up in the manual) on the driver and then change the Mach3 steps from 320 to 160. (re read EddyCurrent post #5).
    I would have said set it to 4 myself but looking at the photo the options seemed to be 1,2,8,16 unless I've read that incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Hi Guys
    I have been watching this thread and can offer no advise regarding the electronics/drive side, but would it not be prudent to disconnect the the ball screws and check to see if the axis are moving freely.
    Just a thought.
    Mike
    In the video the motor was removed from the machine and just lying on the bench
    Last edited by EddyCurrent; 09-09-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    Spelling mistakes are not intentional, I only seem to see them some time after I've posted

I don't have a manual for this board. And I can't find one on line. So I'm not sure where. To set the switches. I'm guessing that k1 and k2 can be on or off. And at the moment they are both set to on? So I need to change this.
    if I was to replace this board what would you go for?
    Last edited by amxen; 09-09-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information